Thursday 24 July 2014

*Bed Rest* - And other reasons why I fell off the face of the earth.

Im alive!

Barely. 

Jk, Im fine… but really not feeling great these days. 

Lets start with whats been going on since week 30 if this pregnancy!

I am now 34 weeks!

on week 32 I had an ultrasound to see how big this kiddo is. 

They estimated him at almost 6 pounds! which would be great… if I was, like… 38 weeks?

needless to say he is going to be a big boy. bigger than his brother was anyways, at 7 pounds 11 ounces. 

Whenever I compare this pregnancy to the last, the biggest difference to me is the sheer SIZE of me and the movements happening in there. Don't get me wrong, I like big healthy babies as much as the next person, but my body has other ideas about them. (i'll explain a little better later in this post)

In other news, we MOVED last weekend!


This is right after we painted over the hideous purple walls and were ready to move our stuff in!

The whole things was kind of under the radar and most people didn't even know we were looking for new places, but now here we are in Sherwood park in a beautiful home that has 3 bedrooms, a bonus (playroom!) AND an AWESOME backyard and deck! I love love love it and we had so much help moving out of one place and into the other and getting all settled. We even got the babies room almost ready and made Easton's new room more of a little boys room, and less of a babies room. the move was flawless, and I'm so grateful for all the help… because I had to sit on the couch and limit myself to directing traffic all weekend.

We loved the condo we were in, and have been so blessed to be able to rent it for the last 4 years or so, but with one busy boy and another one on the way SOON… the space is welcomed. 

Especially for Easy,

Let me tell you, he has adjusted to all this new space VERY well! especially the backyard and deck!



Okay now for the main reason I'm sure everyone is wondering about. 

A few people have heard, but I am now home on modified bed rest until the baby comes. 

The day before the big move weekend started I was complaining. again. nothing really new there. but The pressure in my pelvis and constant pain and contractions when I walked was really getting to me, especially after a busy day with lots of walking and lifting, and I have those more often than not these days. 
I would get up to pee in the middle of the night and have to brace myself when I stood, because The pain was just too much. Also, if I'm being honest? (*TMI HERE*)Something didn't really… look right down there either (this is the part of the story where my men readers may just want to… stop reading - pregnancy is not glamorous)

That night I had enough, after a visit to Dr Google and absolutely no sleep, I called my OB first thing in the morning. She told me to head into the hospital because what I was feeling was sort of normal… but what I was seeing, was probably not. 

My mom was in town for the move, and took me to the Labor and Delivery ward where I had the baby monitored while I waited for a doctor to look at me (He's perfect by the way!) When she came in and took a look, she immediately told the nurse "its her bladder and uterus. Its a prolapse"

uh, what?

She ordered me off work immediately and off my feet with no lifting and limited walking, then sent me home until another meeting we scheduled after the weekend. 

Of course, I went home and googled my brains out. 

The mixture of close pregnancies, a large baby inside, and I'm sure many other reasons, weakened my pelvic floor to the point that my bladder and uterus were not where they should be, and it was wreaking havoc on my pregnant body. 

I was a little disappointed at the lack of information online for pregnant women with this condition.

 More disappointed to know that this doesn't normally happen to healthy, young women. it is kind of an… old lady problem? (sorry girls) 

And MOST disappointed to hear from my doctor that Monday that, This condition wasnt restricted to pregnancy. it will get better once the weight of the baby is off, but never completely. I will need to go to physiotherapy and, if it gets bad enough, I will need sugary to correct it. If this measure is taken, it means I will be done having children. 

I try not to get ahead of myself, but all this news hit me kind of hard. Between having to walk out of my job on no notice, and having to restrict lifting my son to "only when absolutely necessary" and the possibility of never being able to run, lift heavy weights or even maybe have children again? 

Its been a little frustrating. 

The idea of the bed rest is to not worsen the condition, which may cause the need for a c-secion, and not to contract a bladder infection, which is very easy to do, as bladder infections can trigger preterm labor. 

The baby is healthy and I'm focusing on that right now. He's strong and big and there is no talk of having to take him early, even with his potential size. my doctor also seems confident that, if I take care, I will be able to deliver the baby without the need for a section when he is due. 

my house is dirtier than I would like, and I miss going to the park with my son and seeing people at work daily, even making dinner leaves me hurting these days… but right now I'm trying to look forward. not too far forward, but to approximately September 3rd (she moved my date again!) when I  get to meet my next son and tell him I'm going to hold this against him for the rest of his life  I love him.


The good news as well is I will have more time to blog! less to blog about… but still! 

"Silver linings Rach, silver linings"

XX-r

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this girl! Keep your head up and focus on that precious baby! Your new home looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary!! bed red with a baby at home is the worst, i feel for you! hope you can relax and get better! excited to meet this little boy!

    ReplyDelete