Monday 24 November 2014

Progress Pictures, Measles And Being A Big Bro.


After my small gain last week
I made a couple changes to my weigh in days. 

I totally realize that I'm COMPLETELY a little neurotic about all this, but bear with me.

Thursdays have been stressful with a 7pm weigh in. 
I have to watch what I eat and how much I drink all day because if I drink 2-3 litres of water like normal, I'm obviously going to weigh more at night time. 
Pumping at 6:45 is tricky too because then I need to come home and I don't have any milk for a few hours and by then hudson is asleep so I have to wait until he wakes up again to feed him and that can get VERY pretty uncomfortable. 
I do however, love my Thursday night Weight Watchers meetings. My leader is awesome and the women and few men that come regularly are supportive and hilarious. 

So I changed it up. 

From now on I pump, then weigh in, Thursday morning at 9am, and then attend my meeting at 7 that night. 

It relieved a lot of stress, and it doesn't hurt that everyone weighs less in the morning. ;)

I lost a glorious 4.2 pounds this week!

Current Weight: 163.2

Now that I'm 18 pounds down from my initial weight watchers weight, only 6 weeks ago… I promised some progress pictures.

Sigh. this is hard for me.

Im not really even CLOSE to where I want to be.

But I put on the same clothes I did 6 weeks ago and am still trying to spot the changes.

Left is 6 weeks ago

Right is today.







Well there you have it folks. 

In august I weighed 207 pounds. 
In September I weighed 181
and today I weigh 163

Progress. 

also, a little update on the goals I set for myself IN THIS POST at the beginning of the month

My number one goal was to lose 10 pounds this month, by my November 27th meeting - THIS Thursday. - I'm close, so close!

Next goal was to plan for 2 minutes by the end of the month. 
I am happy to report that I started this month only being able to struggle out a 30 second plank, and can now do a full 2 minute plank!

My last goal was to do 125 minutes of cardio a week - or 500 minutes this month
Well, by the end of week 2 I had done 280 minutes, well over my weekly goals, but last week all hell broke loose and continues to vomit itself all over my household. 

Hudson came down with a rash… I thought it was heat rash, but the doctor assured me it wasn't heat rash. The tension in the office was high as he looked and looked at the rash, and then sent us for blood-work with strict instructions to go home and not leave until we were sure it wasn't… ugh. MEASLES. 

It was a long couple of days, but the blood-work came back good and the rash has since faded. 
Way to scare the crap outta me, Doc!

update: our little Hud is doing famously. 





I was cleared to go back to childcare at the gym the next day
But I wasn't feeling so good myself. 

And thus ensued the nastiest stomach bug I have seen in YEARS. 
A full 36 hours of pure hell. 
followed by Taylor getting it. 
(picture a man cold x100)

Needless to say, we have been INSIDE our house for over a week now. 




I don't think it is reasonable for me to hit 500 minutes in the gym this month…
But I'll sure as hell try. 

I think poor Easton is ready to get out of the house a little more. 

Life as a big bro is rough. 

Soothers, as mentioned in my previous post, are a precious gem in our household. 

And of the oh, 40 that we've bought, we can only ever seem to find

ONE. 

So lately, when I have a crying baby I turn to big brother, yoink the soother right outta his mouth, and plug up the boy. 

Easton is… amicable, He even shares it all by himself sometimes when the baby is crying

But I think he's wondering about this tiny human who is becoming more and more engaged in his life every day… (p.s. - he's rolling over!)


I can't wait to see them grow up together. 

xx - r









1 comment:

  1. Rach I love love love your blog!!! I totally see a visible change in your pictures. You are doing amazingly. Seriously I know how hard the fight is, you are winning it my friend. That measels scare sounded like it was awful! Plus the nastiest stomach bug-- no fun at all!!I hope you are all recovering up nicely. P.s- I want to go to Edmonton really bad-- just to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete