Friday 12 December 2014

25 down and my skinny little boys.

I got some pretty amazing support via social outlets on my last post about my skinny baby, Hud. 
It is amazing to feel like your not alone.

I know that the struggles I have with my children are not unique to me, many new parents and new second time parents, and new third time parents and beyond, will struggle with questions about their children and their development.


on Sunday we gave Hudson a name and a blessing. We wrapped him in the blanket my grandmother gave him and his father held him at church and did a wonderful job. It was an amazing day with my family in town and my boys being totally crazy being total angels.
Easton ate candy popcorn till he was sick. Literally. He's now sick.



This week was one of appointments for my boys.

Wednesday morning we met with a dietition, as ordered by the pediatrition, for Easy. It was sort of a waste of time... The problem isn't that we don't know what to feed him... It's that he won't eat it. We will just have to keep working on this skinny boy. Toddlers are picky and I know that… but my instincts are telling me that something else is going on, and I think it is the same reason he is struggling with a speech delay.



Wednesday afternoon I met with the lactation consultant to discuss Hudson's lack of progress. She gave me some new things to work on, including nursing on both sides, and not just one as I have been. 
See, I think the problem is that I have a happy baby. 
I know right?
Normally not a problem, but if his tummy is just full enough, He won't eat enough to gain weight. He will stop and smile and coo and even go to sleep, I just assumed he was done! But when she suggested I burp and then switch sides and at least offer, he ate another few ounces off my other side! Yikes! Now the focus is on stretching his little tummy out so he can take more food and start gaining! 

Thursday afternoon we met with the doctor, as the health nurse sent a referral without my consent, and he called me in to discuss. He voiced that Hudson falling off 
"the curve" so hard was a bit troublesome, only because after we got his tie clipped, he progressed so nicely, but for some reason now, all progress with weight gain has slowed and even gone backwards.
he did a physical exam and we chatted about his day to day routine. 
Long story short we are going to try a prescription for reflux. Essentially its a heartburn or Gerd medication, because maybe he doesn't want to get too full as he can feel his stomach start to hurt as it stretches. it really can't hurt and I am excited to try it. Things are looking up for my breastfeeding battles… again. 

And finally, my Weigh in!

After my busy weekend and family dinner and stressing about all of the appointments this week, I weighed in at my weight watchers meeting expecting not to have lost anything, maybe even a gain.

But WOW!

156.4

Down a whopping 4 pounds and sitting at a total of 

25 POUNDS LOST!

I was thrilled. I am thrilled.

I know that by breast feeding I am being a little "cheaty" in this weight loss journey, but make no mistake, this has not been easy. 

Its been getting two kids out the door every day in the cold to the gym
Its been making healthy meals for me and my family
Its been turning down some of my favourite food in place of something healthy that will aid my milk supply
Its been going to my weight watchers meetings because I have realized how important that is. 
Its been amazing support from friends and family. 

Its been wanting to be the best wife and mother I can be.

xx-r

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your weight loss journey!!! Simply amazing! I'm glad you are getting some relief in regards to breastfeeding. Im so happy that it has worked out for you this time around. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete