Wednesday 20 August 2014

38 Week UPDATE!

Well, 

Today I turned 38 weeks pregnant!

To celebrate, I got off the couch, showered, blow dried my hair and pulled out my camera for the first time since we moved!

… Well for that, and I needed to go to the doctor for an appointment today. 



My appointment went well, 

I'm already 3cm dilated!

Now that really surprised me because, even when I was in the hospital with broken water with Easy, I was still only 1cm. I had to work for every cm I got with him. 

Now don't get me wrong, I knew I HAD to be a little dilated… I mean I have not been comfortable…

AT. ALL. 


(p.s - I am clearly not wearing a maternity shirt in these photos… it looks about as stretched out as I feel!)

the doc offered to give me a "sweep" to move labor along. (i'll go ahead and let you find out what that is, if you so desire)

BUT. 

I declined. 

for a couple of reasons. 

First off - I have to go to Calgary… Tomorrow until Sunday, for a very important reason:

My BFF is getting married! I have been looking forward to this since over a year ago when she got engaged. heck, since we were in high school! Its going to be an amazing event. (and, she's a nurse… who doesn't want to deliver a baby at their wedding??) now what the heck am I going to wear??

The other reason being… I hear it hurts, AND… you could get a baby out of it. 
Don't get me wrong, as desperate as I am for this uncomfortable pregnancy to be over, Im still terrified to be a mom of two. I constantly worry that I just can't do it. 

I was induced with E when my water broke. I was uneducated in the way that, I felt I had no choice. The hospital told me that because my water was broken they couldn't send me home and HAD to induce because I wasn't dilating. I came to learn later that it can take more than the 30 minutes they gave me after my water broke, to produce contractions… they just wanted to hurry up the process. 
As a result of that, I feel I missed out on an experience that I could have had. the feeling of natural contractions, and my body doing what it was designed to do… not what it was forced to do. 
This time I want to go into labour on my own. I want to know what its like to feel my body doing what it was always made to do.

Now, I'm not crazy, I still will probably get the epidural once I've had enough of my body "doing what its made to do"

But I think I just want to prove to myself that I can do it. that my body does know how to go into labour. Im willing to let myself go overdue again to experience it. 

The hormones are getting to me, I think. 



Well, there it is - 38 weeks and I'm limping around from round ligament pain and a pulled muscle, peeing every 6 seconds, constantly in a braxton hicks contraction and STILL taking nausea meds. 

Complain much?

xx - R



2 comments:

  1. Make sure you bring the car seat! I hope the trip goes well and this baby comes on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete