Friday 18 October 2013

Good.

So, I took a couple of week hiatus from my blog. 

It was not for lack of things to talk about...

It was just for lack of motivation...

2 weeks ago I started feeling crummy. really crummy.

tired.sickly.nauseous.fevered. 

and I will clear the air here. I am NOT pregnant. 

feeling sick was compounded by cracks and blisters from pumping. it was getting so hard.

Easton was getting mobile. What was I  going to do? 

I felt overwhelmed and stressed.

I hit a wall with my pumping early last week when I got a nasty case of mastitis that sent me to the hospital. I guess those cracks led to a deep-set infection.

I decided late last week that it was time to stop pumping. 

Since then my life has been a blur of antibiotics, cabbage leaves and sudafed. all to quell the pain of weaning. 

I didn't think it would be that hard to quit the pump to be honest. 

I was wrong. 

I might follow this post up with a detailed description of my weaning experience... I scanned the internet for help with weaning when you produce twice as much milk as your baby eats... it was all encouraging a long process of dropping pumps over weeks or even months. And that was NOT okay with my breasts. When I was ready to be done. 

I meant it. 

To be continued....

ANYWAYS. 


our family is good. 




This stinker is BUSY!


Full on crawling.

nothing is safe. 

If he can crawl to it, he's climbing up it and then falling off of it. 

We have a few good head-bumps for the books already. 

daddy found this car at once upon a child

Remember these??



we keep it at Grandmas house. he LOVES it. 




my days are filled with more playing now that im pumping less. 

its nice. 

I will try and get back into this whole blogging business. 

The naps are getting shorter and shorter

which means the house gets dirtier and dirtier

the laundry pile gets bigger and bigger

the dinners get worse and... well, they were already pretty bad...

being the mommy to a boy will be a challenge for me I think.

but Im ready.

I hope! 


xx - r



No comments:

Post a Comment