Saturday 18 October 2014

Successes and Failures

This last week or so has been filled with ups and downs.


Up - hudson started smiling this adorable little half smile with the pirate-eye squint.


Another up… but more of a side-note

How different do my boys look? These were both taken at a week old

Easton:



And Hudson


I am so excited to see how they grow up to look, its one of the best parts of parenthood is watching your kids grow up change and become their own people.. and heck I've only been doing it about 18 months!

Down - At Easy's 18 month checkup the pediatrition informed us that the words "carrrrr" and "ga ga" would not cut it for where his speech development should be, he even used the words "severely delayed" and scary words like  "deaf" and "autism signs" - who does that? Easton isn't autistic, the pediatrition agreed with that by the end of the appointment, but Easton is going for a hearing test on Monday to rule out any hearing problems. Once any hearing problems are ruled out, we start the long process of speech therapy, which I know is not uncommon for my family, or for boys in general. To be honest? I'm not worried. I know he will get there and for now, we understand each other. It can be a little heartbreaking when he can't tell me what he wants and ends up in a screaming heap on my kitchen floor, but we're both learning. 

Up... And down? - we're finally getting an EKG and ultrasound done on Easton's heart murmur, the doctor is confident it's innocent, and again I'm not worried... But it's always good to check... Those little hearts are important! 

Isn't he precious?!?




 Up - We had an amazing thanksgiving long weekend, and even ended up getting some family photos snapped by my awesome sister in law from Jayden Campbell Photography! I just took them home and edited them 
 (click HERE to check out her Facebook page)



Down - I had my six week follow up with my OB this week and I need to do some physio, but she cleared me for exercise that didn't bother my condition... And I would know what bothered me. Another down? As of right now, I can't run. (Ouch)

Up - I lost 2.4 pounds this week! Since I started weight watchers 4 weeks ago, I've lost 10 pounds! The combo of watching what I eat, and breastfeeding is really helping me I think, but I still have a long way to go. - current weight, 171.2.

And one more BIG UP - Huds is officially a breast fed baby! After his tongue clip, within a week I was able to drop the sheild but I was still pumping and supplementing after almost every feed, another week went by and I was only supplementing some feeds and for the last week I haven't really had to pump at all unless I want to because we're going out somewhere! 

To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement. I sought out help and pushed for this breastfeeding relationship. I learned from previous mistakes and have had amazing support from friends family and even total strangers. Breast feeding isn't for everyone, but I wanted it to be for me, and I honestly didn't know if I would get that opportunity. I'm thrilled in a - "cried when the LC told me I didn't need to come back because my 7 week old is gaining weight at a higher than average rate" kind of way. My big guy is 11 pounds! 



Ups and downs are just par for the course these days. I wish I could blog more, but busy is good. 
Busy is fun and crazy and hilarious most of the time. 
Busy is my life, and I'm getting used to it. 

xx - r



1 comment:

  1. They look so different but are SO cute!!! And great job not worrying too much about little Easton... if there is anything I have learned from all our medical problems, it is that Doctors have to use scary words and worst-case scenarios when that is usually not the case. He will be amazing, even if he does need a little help!

    ReplyDelete