Monday 29 April 2013

The Great Adventure - Part II





Its been a crazy week!

Heading to Calgary is always fun for me. There is so much history there.

Our first stop was one of my oldest and best friends.

She took time out of her busy {2- kids under 3} schedule, to take some pictures of my 3 week old baby.

I am totally indebted to her. These pictures are amazing. I will post more later - I promise. 















Staying with my mom has been amazing. Easton Loves his Grandma Craig.
It has been nice to have her usher me up to a hot bath and a nap while she watches and cuddles with the baby. 
I cried when I left today. 

Late last week, T joined us. 

I have never seen him so excited to see me!

well - I think he was more excited to see who I brought with me...




On Friday we got a chance to go on our first date in months! Before I had Easton I was too fat and tired to go anywhere... and right after... well, exhaustion makes you not want to do much. 

But we did it! I showered (!!!!!) put on some makeup (doubleWOW!) and went on a wonderful date with my husband to celebrate our new son, and Tay's finals being done for this semester. My mom watched the baby (what a lady)



My father-in law's sisters threw me a baby shower on Saturday... it was AMAZING! (I will do a separate post when I get home and get all the pictures off my Canon)


and...

EASTON IS ONE MONTH OLD!



This month flew by...

I want to quickly record a few highlights of this month about my baby E. 

First smile 3 weeks 1 day.
His eyes are getting lighter and lighter blue!
weight is about 10 pounds at 4 weeks old. 
he still has hair! (hooray!)
He started getting a bit of "baby acne" in the last few days. 
Its been amazing watching him start to "notice" things. locking in on faces and bright colors. Grandma Craig bought him a play mat that plays music, amazing!
At 4 weeks and 1 day, Daddy heard him give his first "coo" (baby talk!)
He grunts like a pig 80% of the time when he's awake.
He is cool as a cucumber with a sweet spirit. 

We love this kid!

Happy 1 month Big Easy!






Were back in Red Deer for the rest of this week, then who knows where the next month will take us!

XX

R



No comments:

Post a Comment