Saturday 2 November 2013

Skinny mini - Im on the hunt for a new Pediatrician.

It is GROSS outside. 

Just had to get that off my chest.


______________________________________________

Easy has been sleeping like a maniac the last few days! 

im talking like 12 hours at night and then 2-2 hour naps during the day. Incredible!

I want to share this picture of Easy's cousins! 

(we are missing one, who just joined us last weekend! Welcome baby Dante!)


Im glad we finally got a picture of my whole family together. its literally been 7 YEARS since our last family photos! I set up the old tripod and finally got em done!



Easy went in for his 7 month appointment on halloween day. 

it was a little stressful. 

Since he was about 4 months old, he pretty much stopped gaining weight. 

dont get me wrong, he's a healthy kid at 17 pounds...

but he used to be so chubby!



ha ha ha ha ha...

okay, I DIED when I saw these old pictures. What a little brick!

Now he's like this skinny little adult



And let me tell you this, 

He is MOBILE. 

Every time I put him down and walk away to do something, he is at my legs pulling himself up with my pants within a minute. he's pulled himself up on things I didn't even know we had! he crawls and rolls and sits up... its a little overwhelming at times!

So I can see why he maybe isnt gaining as much weight as he did being a little lump in a bumbo...


But my paediatrician made me feel like a criminal!

asking me things like, "how often do you feed him?"

"uh, when hes hungry? like 5, 7 ounce bottles a day?"

"thats not enough!"

"okay... thats every 3 hours... he sleeps all night...should I be force feeding him then? waking him up to feed?"

"well... no, just have him eat more"

ummm okay?

I was also rudely  politely told that I needed to feed him more meat. 2 meals a day needed to have meat in them, or he would become anemic, and never gain weight.

Im sure some of you have seen the trouble I have giving this kid fruit and veggies on good days! Meat is definitely not his favourite thing. but I told her I would try, and after some pokes and prods on E, she gave us the nod and we were off.

I left the ped office a little dejected and frustrated... 

But

 After some pep talks by mom's and some friends, Im in the market for a new paediatrician. 

Turns out im a little more sensitive than I thought I would be about how people feel about how I raise my kid. 

But, I will continue to so the best I can with my little monster. 7 months! wow!

hes also popped through 2 little bottom teeth! 

FINALLY! 

That was a rough few weeks...

more updates soon!

xx - r




3 comments:

  1. I had my family Doc wave her finger and scold me for not giving my kids milk. They had mysterious skin rashes that wouldn't go away until I did an elimination diet. Dairy was the cause. My Doc was angry and made me feel horrible. They get calcium from other sources and eat things most kids have never heard of but I have a hard time wanting to go back to that particular doctor. And it's hard to stand up for myself when I am in a sterile room and I don't have 80 years of schooling and an ego to back me up. Long story long....I get how you feel. Sometimes if your presentation is not what is in the book they studied from - well you must be doing it wrong...right?

    Your doing fine and there are so many ways to raise a kid. Glad you were able to get other opinions from family/friends.

    Great family pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely find a new ped. My little guy (same age as E) eats 5/6 5oz bottles a day and gets meat at only 1 meal a day. Our ped said that he perfectly healthy. Our 3 yr old also was never a big meat eater and has always been in the 5-10 percentile. I was never told I needed to feed him more or differently. E seems like a perfect, healthy, happy little man so in my opinion you are doing everything right and are an awesome mom!!!

    Ps. Totally in the middle of teething, I can see one little tooth starting to come up. I want my sweet baby back, the crabbiness can go away any time now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were told that my LO was too short... like I can fix that. Seriously? Just make sure your baby is healthy and happy, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete