Tuesday 11 November 2014

My Melon Head and Sue Sucker.


In my "feeling sorry for myself" moment last week 
(Thanks to everyone who is always so nice to me!)

I forgot to update you on my weight journey. 

Last Thursday I was down another 2.2 pounds and now sit at 167 even. 

I'm down 12.2 pounds total!

I found some pretty awful "before" pictures on my computer today, and when I hit 165 - or 15 pounds down, i'll post the comparison. Its a tad embarrassing to say the least. I am noticing a difference though. 

Things at home are finally starting to settle a little bit. Easy is feeling much better. He lost 2 pounds in a few days being sick, and is now starting to sleep and eat better, a kid that small can't afford to lose 2 pounds.

I have to say as well, this boy loves his pacifies. 

"Sue Soo's"

we call them. 

He constantly needs not only one, but TWO soothers. One in his mouth, and at least one in his hand…

But he will take as many as he can find. That includes stealing from his brother. 



I know its a bad habit, but I secretly love it. I find it adorable how he crawls around on the floor, checking under the coffee table and couches, just in case there is one under there. If he finds one he sticks it into his mouth and sucks it like a mad man. if he has more than one I will catch him picking up one and sucking on it 3 times then he puts it down and does the same thing to the next one and so on. 

its like a "taste test" for soothers. He then picks his favourite and holds onto the other 2 for later. 

For now I'm not worried
 I think its slowing down his motivation to talk a tiny bit, but I really don't think its hurting too much. We will see I guess. I know he won't be going to school with a sue sue anyways… that won't happen… right?

And THIS little man…

Has gone from this little, one day old baby 





To this full grown 2 month old!


EEK!

Its amazing how something can simply fly by and drag like mud at the same time. 
I love that he's getting older. How he's started cooing and chatting with me, that he smiles every time I pick him up, even if he's been crying, how adorable his little freaking nose is. I mean, am I right?
Hes in 3 month clothes and is a solid 50th percentile for height and weight.

Oh, but his head is a whopping 92nd percentile!

That made me laugh. 

I looked at the doctor, after he told me that was a good sized head and replied

"uh, your telling me?"

I love my little melon head and sue sue sucker. 

xx - r



No comments:

Post a Comment