Friday 28 November 2014

Non-Food Rewards and My Five Friday Faves

Well

I DID IT!

My goal this month was to lose 8 pounds and hit 160. my pre-Hudson weight.

my weight on Thursday was 160.4 - Forget that .4 - I DID IT.

I'm now 21 pounds down from when I started 8 weeks ago

I also promised myself that when I hit 160 I would give myself a non-food reward.

So tomorrow, I get my hair done!


Post pregnancy hair SUCKS. 

It gets all stringy and dry and starts falling-out (things they don't tell you about before you get pregnant)
I'm even getting a few greys (eep!)

So tomorrow I'm going in for my "refresh"

Tune into my instagram account for hair updates! (username: itsonly_me_ )

Heres to losing 20 more pounds and starting out the new year lighter!

I'll be setting my next monthly goals, soon.

<------------->


For anyone interested, here are 5 things that are making my life easier RIGHT NOW. 

1 - This amazing drool scarf from Acorn & Leaf 
 Hudson has been sucking on his handle lately, which creates a TON of drool. like, Niagara Falls coming our of his mouth and onto his onsie. Not only do I love the design on it, I love how it fits and how much mess it saves! And seriously, a baby in a bandana? Who could ever say thats not cute?


2 - This car track - The Little People City Skyway Toy.


Cant think of what to get your toddler or preschooler for Christmas?
Get this. 
You won't regret it.
This thing is 3 FEET TALL. 
Just a little taller than Easton 

We got it for him when I was desperately trying to learn how to nurse and needed Easton out of my hair  to entertain himself for a little while. 
3 months later, it remains the favourite toy of our household. He spends time with it every single day and to be honest, I dig playing with it too, how cool is this thing? you put a car down and it can go one of 3 ways! and you don't even have to use little people cars exclusively, most cars will fit down here. and balls, and… trust me, Easton has tried putting every toy we have down this thing. 
I have decided that I really enjoy boy-toys. 

Speaking of nursing

3 - This LULU Lemon infinity scarf 

Has been amazing for winter-nursing-ease. Its a scarf right?

Then "wah, wah" babies hungry?

BOOM.

A nursing cover. 

I know right?

The thick fabric is durable and washable and oh-so-cute. 


4 - These Crystal Light water additives.

Confession: I HATE water. 
I hate drinking it, I hate the taste 
I hate the way it looks. 
Just kidding.
but adding a squirt of this to my water bottle and a little splash of lemon juice has made it more bearable. I drink anywhere from 1-3 litres a day now! before it was more like "uh, when was the last time I had a drink of water?"

And 5 - my favourite snack right now:
A caramel rice cake with a tbsp of peanut butter.

its the simple things right?


snacking is crucial for me when I'm "Dieting"
I put that in quotes because I'm breast feeding. I am required to eat 14 more points than a normal person my weight, which is actually a lot of food. but now that mu body is used to that many calories, it needs to be FED - and filling it with high protein snacks like peanut butter help keep me satisfied, and are healthier than a lot of other things. 

well there you have it folks, my five faves for this week. 









No comments:

Post a Comment