Monday 13 July 2015

Purge

Now that we have a place to live
I think its finally time to get ready to move. 
We did just move last year (almost exactly a year ago!)
So things aren't too out of control here yet

But there is one problem I'm running into
and I have been for a couple of solid years now. 

CLOTHES. 

In the last two years I have gained 50 pounds, then lost 40 pounds
then gained 70 pounds...and lost 70 pounds.
my poor wardrobe is all over the place. 
If it used to fit, I stretched it over a huge belly and ruined it
or my new hips won't accommodate. and if it fit while I was pregnant...
well
Lets just say it looks a little silly now. 

I literally have clothing that ranges from XS to XL
and I'm having a super hard time letting them go. 
The maternity clothing I can put away in a  "just in case" container and store,
but after that I still have HUNDREDS of items of clothing that I have collected over the last 3 years that I need to go through. 

Its a little intimidating to say the least. 

here is a small example of my though process:

 What if I gain 10 pounds? I don't want to throw away the clothes that will fit!
What if I lose the last 5-10 I want to lose? I will have to buy new clothes if I get rid of these!
But I love this belly shirt I wore once to a pool party in high school!

guys. 

I'm that bad. 

I have decided to tackle this as my first project... then maybe go shopping?
I have devoted my body to my kids for the last while, I think its time.

Can anyone share some advice for how YOU keep your closet under control?

xx - r

No comments:

Post a Comment