Friday 29 March 2013

assume the position! - the day I tried it all.

 So, this is sort of how im feeling these days...





To be honest, i'm exhausted... every night consists of tossing and turning in my own bed, to moving to the couch, to maybe falling asleep for an hour...get up to pee... get up 10 minutes later to pee again after just  getting comfortable. sleep for about 45 minutes... wake up, check your phone, give up and have a bath (usually around 3). start watching netflix... make lunch for your husband and kiss him goodbye at about 7am...

And then assume "the position" for the rest of the day. 



Relaxing is hard to do right now. its hard to hear "get as much sleep as you can!"
I REALLY REALLY want to... 
trust me. 

So yesterday at 40.4 - I got up and decided to do something! EVERYTHING I could. 

I got up, got dressed. (sort of - things that fit are low in supply right now)


And I went for a long walk with my dog, Dodging puddles and ice patches all the way. 
When I got back I took a morning dose of "evening primrose oil" and a big cup of
"Red raspberry leaf tea"

Then I did about 10 sets of the stairs that go up to my condo... THAT was a battle. 

I had some action when all that was done, but then made the mistake of "assuming the position" for a little bit. When I got up, any action had stopped. 

My little Sister in law was kind enough to pick me up and on my request we went to the gym, where I walked another 30 minutes and bounced on a yoga ball. 



Then we went home - assumed the position... and watched TV for a bit (C'mon cut me some slack!)


Then in a final attempt that evening I went to a maternity spa near my house and got "induction acupuncture. 


I think it did SOMETHING - I mean, this lady was telling me some pretty convincing stories! I had needles in my neck and up and down my legs, hands and feet.

I expected that..

BUT

I forgot that they hooked the needles up to pulsing electricity and left you there! ha ha that was a bit intense... watching my foot twitch involuntarily for 45 minutes.

Babe was moving like crazy by the time I left and this lady had me SO convinced that something would happen that night..

I was extremely optimistic.

but buddy has other plans obviously.

I can honestly now say I have done everything -  short of caster oil (PASS)

So I give up. its easter. If this little guy wants to miss Easter breast milk dinner... then let him!

HUMPH. 

(Just kidding bud... love you)

xx - r

No comments:

Post a Comment