Friday 22 March 2013

Boss vs The Baby

sometimes I wonder how my life will change in the next couple of weeks.

 I think about how it will affect this guy:



I have been SO short with him most of this pregnancy... constantly wondering if I can handle him AND a baby... Bossley is a bit of a "special" dog... anyone who used to follow my life remembers this?


When Mr Ceasar Milan came to Edmonton in 2010 Bossley was hand-picked as one of the "problem dogs" that he wanted to showcase on stage...

and he put on a good show.

I scammed Taylor into buying Bossley for me when we had only been dating a few weeks.

I remember reading in the newspaper add that he was a pure-bread "teddy bear pomeranian"

now let me show you a photo of what one of these pom's should look like...



and here is what my boss looked like when we picked him up...



Seems legit huh? 


According to the American Kennel Club - an adult teddy bear pom should be between 3-7 pounds.

uh... what?

within the first year our little bosser-man stopped looking like a tiny pomeranian and started looking like a BIG pomeranian...something..

Weighing in at 19 pounds. 




Oh well - Cant win em all!

and man did we like him. 

I have always had dogs... I love animals more than humans a lot of the time. 
boss went everywhere with us. he has been part of mine and T's story from the beginning.
he even helped T Propose to me. 




I kept Boss mostly at my parents farm in Calgary until we moved to Edmonton to work our butts off before the wedding.

That was a rough summer for Bossley, he went from a farm dog to a full time kennel dog...

well - not until after he ate several important things while we were at work... a few times. We almost gave him up a few times that summer.


but being so young Boss never complained and was always happy when we came home. there is no better feeling in this world than coming home to a dog that loves you SO MUCH.

As our lives and marriage progressed, all three of us grew up, including Bossley.

**cue "time of your life" soundtrack**




 Meeting our fish for the first time


 Christmas Haircut


Cousins!


Summer Haircut (Nice Tie!)


Boss has lots of friends... and loves cards!


Summer adventures. 


 Christmas outfits



This pooch is a huge part of our lives...

We are bringing something else huge into our lives in the next few days/weeks...

Can they share the attention?

Can i handle a high maintenance dog AND a baby?

This has been a hot topic with T - And the answer is: we dont know until we try. Boss is a member of our family and he deserves a shot with his little bro.

Now if I could just get him to stop eating the babies teething toys and stuffies...

I mean REALLY! he isnt even here yet!

sigh.

Love you Boss.


- r





No comments:

Post a Comment