Monday 27 May 2013

Bossley: Sometimes the Hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Some of you might remember  THIS POST (Click to Link to this post...)

Bossley is a huge part of our lives.

and we knew that bringing Easton into the picture would change things for this guy.



 But we recently reached the point where the change was too much.

It was too much for Taylor and I to handle... and it was too big of a change for the Boss-man.


And that is why T and I decided to find Boss a new home. 

When Taylor told me that he found someone who was perfect for Bossley I was skeptical.

of course.

As he described this family that had posted a "Wanted add" I became even more skeptical... it was a family of 5 with all older kids who lived on a farm just outside of Leduc with chickens and rabbits and a stay at home mom lots of space and 2 other friendly dogs to play with...

AND they were looking for a pomeranian cross... specifically.

Too good to be true?

I thought so anyways.

After hours of tears and deliberating with Taylor we decided to commit Bossley to this family... on a few conditions.

That if it doesn't work out they tell us right away.
That he is treated nicely
and most of all
That they love him as much as we do.

The last few days have been extremely hard on me in anticipation of Bossley leaving...

OBVIOUSLY...I love Bossley.

He taught me so many things that I didn't even know I needed to know. he drove me crazy, licked tears off my face when I was sad, slept with me when T was gone, cleaned up my kitchen floor (I cant remember the last time I swept??)

But lately I have felt that its not fair. The little attention he got from us when we were both working is even less now that my eyes are always on a baby. He has been acting out on children and seems less-socialized than ever. its just not fair.

As we drove up to the farm tonight I got a good feeling... there were acres of field behind the little cottage, as cats and dogs ran over to greet us. The lady brought us in and introduced her family, two boys... one 21, one a little younger with Downs Syndrome, and an 18 year old girl.

Bossley played shy and stuck close to me as we talked about his likes and dislikes. He eventually started to venture around the house sniffing and checking things out. The mom showed us where she was hatching chickens (in her front hall...neat right?) and then introduced me to Bossleys new sisters - Two large dogs that wanted to kill me with kisses and tail wags against my legs.

It was heaven.

But then the time came for us to leave.

Im awful like this... but I couldn't look at him.

I Kept my eyes to the ground as we walked towards the door. He ran to us. I dont care what anyone says... He knew that we were leaving... and he knew we were not coming back.

The oldest son pulled him back and clipped him to a leash. I didn't hug him goodbye or make a scene... we just walked out to the car and drove away.

as soon as the car hit the main road - the tears started coming.

I had just left a huge piece of my heart with strangers.

It didn't matter how good I felt about his future life... I felt, and still feel like I had abandoned my dog.

I feel like a rotten person.

I want there to be a good end to this blog post... its only been a couple of hours and everything is fresh.

I walked into my house and was greeted by a chewed up rawhide on my kitchen floor.

Painful.

I'll leave you with my morning project.

I wanted Easton to be able to see the dog that was his for the first 2 months of his life.

Here are some photos of Easton with his older brother (the original baby)

Bossley. 






xx - r

No comments:

Post a Comment