Monday 31 March 2014

A construction first birthday party and the shift.

wow. 

It was a crazy time getting up to Easy's first birthday party, but we did it

and it was great!

see if you can catch the theme!












Our little construction worker had a BLAST



I even got daddy to rock an outfit!


We had so much great family and friends come, lots of kids came and played and ate and had so much fun. Easy got totally spoiled!




Soon it was time for CAKE!


Easton thought it was a little weird that everyone was singing to him… but surprisingly we didn't get a single tear the whole party! just lots of excited squeals and giggles.

The cake eating itself was relatively clean. 

He was focused!


It was really an amazing day. 

And I didn't cry all day! (I might have been too tired)

______

After the party we had a lazy sunday with our boy

And this morning was his real birthday… 

our little baby has gone from THIS 



To THIS




Hes a running machine who loves laughing and having everyones attention. he loves playing with friends and watching bubble guppies. he loves cuddling in for a bottle and he loves reading.

T woke up this morning and made a big birthday breakfast for Easy. 


We all enjoyed it as a family. 

Then it was time to go. 

T and I are lucky enough that, until he is done exams at the end of april, we have some grandmas and family who are willing to help us care for Easton. 

But unfortunately, that means leaving him in Calgary for the month.

I know he is in the BEST hands and with people he loves. 

But when I walked to the door and he came after me and asked to be picked up

Those big old tears started coming. 

Easton started saying "out!" and trying to open the door. 

We hugged him and kissed him and gave him to grandma

The only thing that got me through the door with him crying at the window, was knowing that I will be back friday night, and every weekend for the next few weeks. 

but I miss my baby!

I didn't think, when I was pregnant, or even when Easy was a teeny baby, that it would be that hard to go back to work… 

but wow. 

Bust my heart wide open…

A new adventure begins for the next little while…

Back to work tomorrow!

xx - r




















2 comments:

  1. He is adorable and those orange overalls are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Baby! I love the construction theme idea!

    ReplyDelete