Thursday 11 July 2013

¿Dónde está el baño?

I mentioned this before, but I have spent a lot of time in South America.

I learned spanish like a little kids learned spanish

By listening and mimicking the people around me.

I learned phases like; 

Hablar más despacio, por favor



(speak slower, please!)

or

¿Cómo se dice

(how do you say...?)

or a very popular one...

¿Dónde está el baño?

(Where is the bathroom??)

I successfully navigated my way around 7 countries in South America, speaking almost no english. 



But since I have been back home, about 5 years now

my language skills have slowly slipped away. 

So 2 days ago, when Easton and I went to the library to escape the heat, I ended up leaving with some new language disks to brush up on my spanish!

I have been having a great time practicing the 20-30 minutes a day I spend driving to pick up T from work. 

Im really excited about it, but I need to practice!

hm, maybe a trip to mexico is in order?

to practice... of course.


*sigh*

xx - r

Did you like this post? click on the banner below to vote for my blog! Im currently #50 out of 938 blogs! (im competitive like that...)
 All you have to do is click on the link to go to the site... and you have voted!! Thaaaaanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment