Thursday 18 July 2013

The Office B.

These days are slow. 

Were getting into a rhythm of sleeping/eating/pumping/gym time.

Its nice to have a little best friend that is more and more like me every day.


I used to be the office B... (not a nice B word either)
I was a hard hitting-fake it till you make it-take my attitude and deal with it... "B"
I mean... people liked me well enough. But man, was I uptight sometimes.

I like to think I was pretty good at my job, and I worried I would never be able to let it go. 







I enjoyed working. Weird, I know.  


I think it helped quell my anxiety sometimes... 

I wasn't in the "Service" industry.

most people I dealt with here on the phone or people I worked with every day. 

I sat behind a desk or in a meeting room taking notes. 




 I identified myself with this job that I had. I liked being appreciated and told I was doing a good job. I liked climbing up the corporate ladder and making money. I liked getting educated about my work and moving forward with it.

 I genuinely liked my job. it was almost an escape for me sometimes... and it helped keep my "control freak" under control... because... well, I could be a neat/control-freak. 



Then this happened. 


And I went through this journey

(All of these are proudly taken in the women's bathroom at work...)








ITS A BOY!




















Until my last day of work!



Boy was I ready to be done at that point!

my little work team!

When I was on mat leave, I struggled with being unproductive... I organized my pantry and made a budget and wrote emails to work trying desperately to keep that part of me alive. 

But when this happened...


Things changed a little. 

When I brought Easton by my office for the first time
My boss pointed out how surprised he was that motherhood suited me so well. 
I was relaxed.

Less of a "B" and more of an... "M?"

Dont get me wrong, my neat-control-freak is still hard to manage sometimes
my anxiety is still peaked when I have to leave the house.

But I like being an M alot better than being a 

B. 

We will decide when the time comes, whether I will go back to work or not.

But for now im taking my M job very seriously. 

And loving it.

xx - r

Did you like this post? click on the banner below to vote for my blog! Im currently #46 out of 938 blogs! (im competitive like that...)
 All you have to do is click on the link to go to the site... and you have voted!! Thaaaaanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment