Saturday 10 August 2013

Helicopter mom.

This is the first time this kid has stopped crying in hours.


And it had to be once we sit in the waiting room at the hospital (its 10pm and too late to go anywhere else)

This kid has been miserable today.

After a nice dose of Tylenol he is finally asleep and his low grade fever is settling.

It's a stressful thing, being a mom to someone who just can't tell you what's wrong!

So you just

Stress
Check the symptoms online
Get more stressed
This somehow stresses your baby out and he cries more...
Pace around the house, continually changing hands between you and your husband hoping one has the magic touch.
Stress
Figure your magic parent hands are broken because the kid is still crying
Think about crying yourself.
Stress.

It's probably nothing.
I keep telling myself that  I'm this awful helicopter mom... 
But then I have to remind myself...
I'm a mom
A new mom

If my son has the lowest if low grade fevers... I'm allowed to worry a bit.

Right?


xx

R

No comments:

Post a Comment