Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hair Crisis and My Favourite Apron.



Well. 

Its a been a while. 

In our home we went from Easy's Vaccines to Easy running a fever for 5 days to Easy having a cold and now this little teeny tooth popping through that is making my ahem..his life pretty miserable right now. 

I had the chance to go visit my in laws last weekend for a little bit of a break, and to get easy some needed cuddles from someone other than me. 

While I was there, I went through a hair crisis. 

I sat in a salon chair and fought off tears while I told a girl I didn't know how much I hated my hair.

Ive been losing my hair since a few months ago... (post-partum stuff)

and to someone with already pretty thin hair, 

That's pretty devastating. 

She talked me off the "pixie cut" ledge...

and i came out with this cute "do"



Above is a before and after shot off my phone, right before and right after ...

 Its shorter and darker (closer to my natural colour) and much more manageable!





Also while we were there I continued my solids-journey with this stubborn kid.

He really only wants to feed himself!

So I was excited when
I found these:



and even more excited!

When he ATE THEM!

Well... chewed on it for a bit and then smeared it all over himself. 

Those things are like glue!


Hey. Im calling it a WIN.


Easton gets an incredible amount of love from grandma Campbells house. 

Every morning I would get up bright and early with him
and as quiet as I tried to be, I would still have my MIL out within a minute or two of us coming upstairs
changing his diaper and offering to feed him while I went to have a peaceful pump session (hard to come by these days)

He LOVES his grandma.


And I love her too!

Its been such a blessing in my life to have such loving supportive in laws




Easy also got to go to his first hockey game!

The Red Deer Rebels!



(This tattoo was a NIGHTMARE to get off the next day. - not a great parenting decision...) 

But 

We had a BLAST! he actually watched the players up and down the ice... 

our future hockey star. 







It was a great weekend 

But now were home...

back to bieng a housewife!

I put on my favourite apron today. I felt super domestic. 

and the good news is

This kid is feeling a bit better today too!

still having that little dental problem... but we can get through it

one tickle at a time.  



xx - r


1 comment:

  1. I love your life! You look so gorgeous and you are an amazing mom - my hero!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete