Friday 6 September 2013

Sugar freak Day 4 - A Baaad day.

Disclaimer:

*I believe the kids these days call this post or those like it, a rant
take it or leave it... its how I feel right at this moment (4am)
I know I'm a good mom.
Seriously... who hasn't felt like this and wanted to complain about it...right?*






I had one of those days yesterday

one of those days that moms talk about to each other... but maybe don't talk to the world about. 

I had one of those days where I seriously questioned my ability as a parent. 

Easy is sick. 

Since he got his vaccines on Tuesday he hasn't been himself. 

Id seen it before and it seems to be an earache, sore throat, or both. 

I have checked his temperature 100 times.

hes just feeling crummy. 

There is no worse feeling than not being able to do anything to help, besides dose up with tylenol and pray for the best. 

We went out yesterday, he cried for what felt like all day. 

sleeping minutes at a time.

I kept trying to give him a bottle

He refused.

when we got home I tried to feed him again, unsuccessfully and then fought with him for an hour to get him to go to sleep. 

when he finally did, I looked forward to finally eating, and getting some things done.

I went to turn on his monitor and 

I realized that I had left it where we just had been out. 

I hate not having access to my monitor, especially when E is sick.

When I went to clean up the bottle I had been trying to feed him (I blamed him not eating it on a sore throat)

I opened it

It had gone sour. 

Left out too long. 

Wow. 

Mother of the year over here. 

I got a diet coke

Sat on the couch. 

and had a good cry. 

What kind of mother feeds her baby spoiled milk? forgets his monitor, and has him out when he's not feeling well in the first place? why didn't I catch that he was in pain and give him tylenol sooner, why couldn't I get him to go to sleep as well as my husband does? Why was my house such a disaster and laundry piled up? 

why do I suck so bad?

now, obviously none of these things are the end of the world.

some may not necessarily be true 

I know that.

But toss in some sugar withdrawal and you have yourself one sad mama. 

When T got home from school, I passed him the baby, and announced that I was going to have a bath. 

Its like, 100 degrees here.

But I didn't care.

I grabbed a glass of water and went and sat in the bath for 45 minutes. 

T put easy to bed.

When I got out of the bath I went and bought some sugar free chocolate... the diabetic kind. 

gross. 

It did NOT do the trick at all. 

so I went to bed.

Tomorrow will be better right?

good thing I love my kid more than life itself.

and there are only a few days left sugar-free!

xx - r



No comments:

Post a Comment