Sunday 8 September 2013

Sugar.Freak - Final.Day - Social.Skills.

Okay. 

that was a fun experiment...

But im ready to be done. 

Im not going to jump right back into my old sugar-filled habits...

But I think for the sake of my family, I should allow myself some sugar when needed. 

I learned some things about myself through this last week. 

Yes. I lean on sugar when I'm stressed.

Yes. Im stressed a lot. 

and finally, 

I need to work on my social skills. 


Those of you who have met me or see me on the few occasions that im outside of my house, might say

"She doesn't seem like she's that awkward"

But in all honesty

Its really hard for me to talk to you. 

And its even tougher for me to reach out to you... even when I really want to.

I have worked hard for a long time, learning how to calm my social anxiety,

And be a friendly person.

I run a photography business, and LOVE meeting people while I do that.

But Its hard for me to make and keep friends in recent years. 

I dont text back

I avoid "real life" contact. 

Im really awesome at making people feel like I'm a snob, Like I don't want to talk to them

Or I dont like them. 

I constantly stress, about if I make people feel uncomfortable.

do they think I hate them?

better overcompensate

Oops, forgot to text back again. 

Ugh, im the worst.  

Its quite a dilemma. 

I get embarrassed when someone brings up my blog in real life...

I cant explain why.


So If you know me, or have met me...

Accept my apologies. 

Im working on it, I really am. 

I want to be friends.

Good friends, even.

I dont want my son to feel like mom never takes him anywhere

because she cant. 

and

Its not really that bad, I mean...

there are people who have it a lot worse than I do

But it feels like a slippery slope

So this is me, 

Back on (a little) sugar

and trying to get into "real life"



xx - r



No comments:

Post a Comment