Wednesday 12 June 2013

Rubber Necker and Discovery.

In the last week, Easton has figured out that if he lifts his head up high enough... he can see AAAAALLLL around him...

Which is adorable. 

But lately, when I put him to bed

 I go back in after a minute or two of him fussing,...

 and he usually looks like this right when I walk in...




and for the life of me, I cant get him to put his little head down!

It just pops back up like it has a spring on it!



He just loves looking around, everything is so new!

How neat would it be to be able to go back, and discover everything all over again?

I see how entertaining it is to him, when I tap the end of his nose and make a "boop" sound... I long to experience new things, new senses!

Now dont get me wrong, I know sometimes its hard to experience new things. Sometimes its scary... like the first time easton heard me sneeze... it terrified him!

He JUMPED!

When I started laughing and he realized he was safe... He stuck his lip out so far a plane could have landed on it.!
It kind of looked like this - (this is a re-enactment.. he does this a lot) 

And nice tan Grandma!

Then came the crying...

oh, I wish I could cry all the time. If I was hungry, or tired, or unhappy...

Oh wait... I already do that!

Easton makes me realize that I need to experience new things. I need to learn things, cry a little more, work on myself every day, let people do things for me, giggle, smile, poop, be fascinated in and LOVE everything that comes at me.

Thanks for another life lesson babe.

XX - r

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post. My little one did the pouty lip and following cry fest the first time my hubby sneezed in front of her. Of course his sneezes are rather scary.

    Oh, to discover the world around us again.

    I guess that's why we as adults try to live by the "stop and smell the roses" adage.

    ReplyDelete